Does This Describe Your Business Scenario?
So, you are a small-to-medium company (SMB) or simply a self-employed individual who is currently looking for reporting solutions for your company or business.
You are overwhelmed with the recurring tasks of creating your daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports or just any other reports critical to your decision-making process.
Your data and spreadsheets are, at times, hard to maintain.
You want to take advantage of the collected data you already have and place that in a central database.
You don’t really want to create and re-create spreadsheets every time there is a need for reporting such as for auditing or tax and budgeting purposes.
You want to track expenses as well. Doing those over and over again is very time consuming.
You also want to see your business statistics displayed visually through graphs and other means of representation.
You know that your best asset is your data.
You want all your reports in a central repository. An added feature you really want to have is the capability to print those reports in PDF, Excel spreadsheets, or Word document on the fly for email attachment or simply for separate archiving.
Do You Need Help?
The tasks involved in the scenario above are usually done by the in-house developer/programmer or, in many companies, by the SQL Server Database Administrator or Developer.
But some companies do not have a dedicated database administrator or developer to do the report development. Another obstacle is the cost involved in building an enterprise grade reporting system; hiring an in-house database developer incurs overhead costs.
Let’s Sum Up Your Needs
- So, you are a small-to-medium company or simply a self-employed individual who is currently looking for reporting solutions for your company or business.
- You are overwhelmed with the recurring tasks of creating your daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports or just any other reports critical to your decision-making process.
- Your spread sheets are, at times, hard to maintain.
- You want to take advantage of the collected data you already have so you are looking to integrate all your data from different sources into a central SQL Server database.
- You don’t really want to create and re-create spread sheets every time there is a need for a reporting such as for auditing or tax purposes or for simply budgeting purposes.
- You want to track expenses as well. Doing that over and over again is very time consuming and very anti-productive.
- You also want to see your statistics displayed visually through graphs and other means of representation.
- An added feature you really want to have is to have the capability to print those reports in PDF or Excel spreadsheet on a fly for email attachment or simply for separate archiving.
- You want the system to have the characteristics of Scalability and High-Availability.
Let Me Help You!
- I will build you a reporting environment using the FREE SQL Server Express (version 2005/2008/2012). Purchasing the full Version of SQL Server is optional, depending on your business needs.
- I will integrate all your data from different sources (Excel, Microsoft Access, Text Files, etc.)
- I will build data & report models based on your business requirements.
- I will perform Data Analysis on your existing data and build you a Business Intelligence System (purchasing the full version of SQL Server might be necessary)
- I will do other tasks that are related to data management.
- I’m open to all industries – Real Estate, Insurance, Healthcare, and others
These Are Few of the Reasons Why This Is Good For Your Business
- Not a full-time or permanent position, so you’re cutting the overhead.
- Everything is done remotely, so you don’t have to worry about setting up additional workstation or cubicle in your office.
- You only pay for the billable hours (I will NOT bill you for research, meetings, phone conversation, email exchanges, assessment, and software installations).
- There is no middleman. You don’t have to worry about miscellaneous costs that typical IT consulting firms usually charge.
- This is a 1099-based type of work. Don’t worry about taxes.
- Pay as you go. We can negotiate. If you want to pay per project, that would be fine.
- Support is available after project deployment.
How It Works?
- You contact me if this scenario perfectly fits your business needs. You may not necessarily be a small company. I can also work with medium-to-large enterprises.
- After the initial contact, we may set a meeting to discuss about the terms. We may sign a contract to protect both parties.
- I will assess the needs based on your descriptions and requirements and provide you the assessment report afterward.
- You will get daily updates on completed tasks and status of the project.
- You will have access to the list of tasks involved in your project.
- I will build the system (SQL Server Express with Advanced Services w/c includes the Reporting Services) if you don’t have a SQL Server database currently installed in your environment. SQL Server Express is FREE.
- I will develop/build the reports or data models at my home-office, and then after all the work is completed, I go to your office and install the reports on your system.
- Another option is I can remotely install the reports via VPN.
- Your satisfaction is my Number One commitment.
As an owner of a small-to-medium business, you have two options in dealing with your reporting and data management needs: Hire a full time, W-2 Employee or hire the service of a consultant. Calling on the service of a third-party consultant to do your database development requirements has it benefits if hiring a full time, regular employee does not make a business sense. Weigh in your options. Call me when you make your decisions.
I am based in Long Beach, California. I am looking forward to doing business with you.
Please visit my Amazon Author Page.